Aug 14, 2018
Preparing Your Heart to Lead Others to the Word
How do you prepare your heart as a Bible teacher? Whether you're
teaching a class, sharing Biblical truth with a friend, or
instructing your children, sharing the Bible can be intimidating.
On today's episode, we are replaying Karen's conversation with
Susan Tyner on preparing to lead others to the Word. Summer is a
great time to begin preparing to lead a fall Bible study. If that
thought is daunting, listen again, as Susan reminds us that leading
isn't about perfection but about Jesus.
- What are some of the classrooms of life that God has put you in
as an instructor to others?
- What are some of your thoughts about what makes a great
- What are some of the obstacles that might keep you from feeling
confident to share God’s Word with others?
- Susan said, “Be willing to be a fool for Christ. He uses the
humble. Get used to blushing a little bit for yourself.” How does
that statement, paired with John 10:4 and 2 Corinthians 12:9, make
you feel about sharing God’s Word with others?
- Susan also said, “Your job is to show up and be ready, but God
is the one responsible for changing hearts.” How does that truth
take the pressure off of you as a teacher?
CDM strengthens the Church by connecting you to the
people and resources you need.
Connect to Resources:
- Connect with CDM
- To subscribe: on iOS, go to our
iTunes page and subscribe. On Android, click
this podcast RSS feed
link and select your podcast app.).
- Leave an
iTunes review. These are huge
for us! The more reviews, the greater chance another woman needing
encouragement will find us.
- Like PCA enCourage Women on
Facebook for the latest updates and related
- Let us know your thoughts! We'd love to hear
more about how God is encouraging you to live the gospel in your
daily life. Shoot us an email or find us on social media.